If you are short of time and want to play the best golf courses in Perth, Western Australia here is a quick guide. The below 10 golf courses are open to the public.
- Joondalup golf course (website) is one of the jewels in Western Australia. It is situated about 35 mins north of Perth. It has 27 holes including the Quarry 9, Lakes 9 and the Dunes 9. One minute you are playing an approach shot beneath a 30-metre limestone cliff, the next you are adapting to the fresh ocean breeze on an undulating links style fairway.
2. Secret Harbor Golf Links (website) situated 40 mins south of Perth is in the hub of the Golf coast. Surrounded by fantastic golf courses Secret harbor will not disappoint. Sitting on the ocean secrets golf has many signature holes and is always in beautiful condition. They also have some great deals including lunch at their award winning facilities. Check the specials out here.
3. The Cut Golf course (website) has beautiful views across the Indian ocean. Truly blessed to have such a true golf links golf course along the golf coast. The Cut Golf Course is located just an hour’s drive from Perth by the popular seaside town of Mandurah. Voted Western Australia’s number one golf course in 2008/09.
4. Araluen resort (website) is located 40 kms southeast of Perth City in the uniquely beautiful hills of Roleystone, just minutes from the renowned Araluen Botanic Park. Set in what has often been described as an “enchanted valley”, Araluen Golf Resort boasts a world class golf course surrounded by natural Australian bushland inhabited by abundant native wildlife and boasting breathtaking views of Perth City and beyond.
5. Meadow Springs (website) is situated in the Golf coast in Mandurah, opened in 1987, Meadow Springs Golf and Country Club offers ‘golf as nature intended’. The course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Jnr., presents a highly regarded test for players but is also renowned for its playability. During its short history the West Australian Open Championship has been held at Meadow Springs on seven occasions.
6. The Vines Golf (website) situated 30 minutes from Perth is continually rated as one of Australia’s best golf resorts, The Novotel Vines Resort & Country Club boasts the finest golf courses in Perth, WA, surrounded by native bush with abundant wildlife, lush manicured gardens and the magnificent Swan Valley wine region.
7. Kennedy bay (website) situated just 30 minutes south of Perth along the Golf coast is The Links Kennedy Bay which has beautifully undulating and a true links course in the Scottish and Irish traditions. The gently undulating Windsor Green fairways wind through sand dunes amongst western coastal wattle, grevillea, sedges and lilies.
8. Point Walter (website) nestled in Perth, Point Walter is a great 9 hole golf course for everyone to play. Nestled alongside Perth’s Swan River, with perfect views and scenery, Point Walter Golf Course provides the best way to have a relaxing game of golf. Enjoy the serenity and million dollar views Point Walter Golf Course is highly regarded for its quality fairways, greens and its picturesque landscape.
9. Bunbury Golf Course (website) Situated in a tranquil woodland setting between the Collie River and the Leschenault Estuary, the course at Bunbury Golf Club is a magnificent and fully reticulated 18-hole course. It is rated at #9 in WA’s public access golf courses and regularly described by visiting Professionals as the “Lake Karrinyup of the South West”. Situated 2 hours south of Perth is one of our regional best courses and well worth the visit.
10. Caple Golf Course (website) situated on your way to Margaret River is worth the visit. Operated by Big Red a well known WA icon in the Perth Golfing circles, consists of an 18 hole par 72 championship course set on relatively flat terrain surrounded by an abundance of Tuart, Jarrah, Banksia and Peppermint Trees. The Club is also home to a large amount of wildlife including many kangaroos and native birds.
If you are planning a visit and want to play these courses we suggest staying in Mandurah where there is great accommodation such as the Sebel (website) or the Mandurah Quays Resort (website). From here you can easily access and play Secret Harbour > The Cut > Meadow Springs all with in 15 minutes. Plus play other courses such as Mandurah Country Club and Pinjarra Country Club.
In Perth you have easy access to the above golf courses within 40 minutes plus Joondalup > The Vines > Araluen.
Enjoy your stay and Happy Golfing.